We are hiring a PreK-12 Faith Formation Coordinator. Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected]. For more information, call Katie in the parish office at 605-787-5168.
Summary of Position:
Coordinate, plan, implement, and evaluate parish-based faith formation for children and youth from pre-kindergarten through the 12th grade (PreK–12)
Hours: 35-40/week flexible; must be available on Sundays and Wednesdays during Faith Formation and some other evenings and days as required.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Benefits: A competitive benefits package is offered
Reports To: Pastor
- Practicing Catholic with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a love for the Catholic Faith, a Catholic Worldview, and a passion for sharing the Faith with others.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in theology, catechesis, or related field. Prior experience in parish ministry helpful. Understands, supports, and articulates the Catholic Faith as taught by the Catholic Church. Must have excellent organization, communications, and leadership skills, and the ability to relate and interact with parishioners of all ages. Completion of (or commitment to complete) a catechist certification program through the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and Veritatis Splendor, or an approved equivalent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Actively support OLBH pastoral plan and priorities of the diocese and parish as applicable to the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Be familiar with OLBH and Diocese of Rapid City pastoral plans and priorities.
- Set goals consistent with pastoral plans and priorities.
- Align faith formation programs and activities with pastoral plans and priorities.
- Evaluate progress of programs and activities in their effectiveness in meeting goals.
- Coordinate, plan, implement and evaluate PreK–12 faith formation (CGS I, II, III, 4-6th Traditional, 1st Communion, Confirmation, RCIC, 8th -12th Faith Formation)
- Recruit disciples (volunteers) who are active, practicing Catholics to serve as catechists.
- Provide and promote training and catechetical and spiritual formation to catechists, at the parish and diocesan levels, such as Catechesis of the Good Shepherd or VSI.
- Choose and provide curriculum materials and class supplies for catechists.
- Maintain CGSI, II, & III Atriums
- Coordinate registration for faith formation programs in conjunction with other staff members.
- Coordinate with Parish Administrative Assistant to maintain PreK–12 information in PowerChurch Plus
- Collaborate with parish staff to organize family events, activities, and prayer experiences.
- Organize and facilitate summer programs (e.g., Vacation Bible School, Duc in Altum, Summer Stretch, etc.).
- Coordinate and execute faith enrichment opportunities for middle and high school youth within the parish and at the diocesan level (e.g., Diocesan Youth Rallies, Steubenville Conferences, March for Life).
- Coordinate childcare during faith formation sessions.
- Coordinate, plan, implement and evaluate PreK–12 sacramental preparation, including First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- Organize retreats for each sacrament.
- Provide parent meetings and catechesis in collaboration with the Adult Faith Formation Coordinator.
- Development of the annual PreK-12 budget.
- Collaborate with the OLBH Safe Environment Coordinator to ensure that all students, catechists, and volunteers are in compliance with diocesan policies.
- Assist with office administration.
- Create an environment in which parish members and visitors experience Christ-like service, compassion, and hospitality.
- When in the parish office, assist the Parish Administrative Assistant in greeting, informing, and assisting parish members and visitors.
- In coordination with the Pastor and other staff members, fill in for the Parish Administrative Assistant when the Assistant is unavailable (i.e., during vacation, sickness, emergencies)
- Assist in communicating and promoting parish and diocesan activities using website and social media.
- Attend parish and diocesan meetings/conferences related to the position.
- Parish staff meetings
- Discipleship Commission meetings
- ReFuel and Pastoral Ministry Days
- Other meetings/conferences as determined by the Pastor
- Other duties as assigned.
- Submit a resume, references, and cover letter to [email protected]
- For more information, contact the office at 605-787-5168.