THE PRAYER PROCESS BY MATTHEW KELLY
From THE FOUR SIGNS OF A DYNAMIC CATHOLIC (2012) as published on his Web Site: DynamicCatholic.com
In The Prayer Process we take time – a minute, two minutes or maybe ten minutes
- to spend time with the Lord every day. Pick a specific time when you will pray; ex.
Morning Prayer or Night Prayer. It is an intentional way that we grow in our faith.
The seven steps of The Prayer Process are as follows:
1. Gratitude: Begin by thanking God in a personal dialogue for whatever you
are most grateful for today.
2. Awareness: Revisit the times of the past twenty-four hours when you were
and were not the-best-version-of-yourself. Talk to God about these
situations and what you learned from them.
3. Significant Moments: Identify something you experienced today and
explore what God might be trying to say to you through that event (or
4. Peace: Ask God to forgive you for any wrong you have committed (against
yourself, another person, or Him) and to fill you with a deep and abiding
5. Freedom: Speak with God about how he is inviting you to change your life,
so that you can experience the freedom to be the-best-version-of-yourself.
6. Others: Lift up to God anyone you feel called to pray for today, asking God
to bless and guide them.
7. Finish by praying the Our Father.